Travel grants for the FEBS3+ 1st Joint Meeting of the French-Portuguese-Spanish Biochemical amb Molecular Biology Societies
The French Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (SFBBM), the Portuguese Society of Biochemistry (SPB), the Spanish Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (SEBBM), and FEBS3+ (thanks to the generous support from FEBS) will grant travel fellowships to facilitate the attendance of their early-career members to the FEBS3+ 1st Joint Meeting of the French-Portuguese-Spanish Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Societies to be held in Barcelona from October 23rd to 26th 2017.
The fellowships granted by SFBBM, and FEBS3+ will be worth a maximum of 400 € each depending on the distance to travel to Barcelona, and those granted by SPB and SEBBM 200 € each. The selected applicants will be required to exhibit an ID in order to receive their travel grant at the stand of the SEBBM during the congress. The grants will provide full or partial support to cover reasonable transportation for the conference. Fellowships will be paid on the spot to the selected applicants before documentary identification at the stand of the SEBBM in the Congress, and by bank transfer for SPB applicants. SFBBM may not be able to reimburse on the spot. Receipts such as invoices from travel agent, boarding passes, train tickets will need to be shown.Applicants of a FEBS3+ fellowship must meet the following conditions:• Be a member of the SFBBM or SPB.• Reside outside Spain.• Be a Master or PhD student, or having been awarded a PhD degree within the last 5 years.• Have registered and having paid the registration fee of the Barcelona Congress.• Present an abstract as the first author at the Barcelona Congress.Applicants to SFBBM, SPB, or SEBBM fellowships must meet the following conditions:
• Be a member of the SFBBM, SPB or SEBBM.• Reside outside the venue of the Barcelona Congress.• Be a Master or PhD student, or having been awarded a PhD degree within the last 5 years (applicable for SEBBM and SPB). In the case of SEBBM, PhD holders with more than three years of seniority must be regular members (socios adheridos) or have submitted their application at the time of application. SFBBM applicants (35 years old maximum) must hold a PhD degree or be in the 3rd year or last year of their PhD studies. In the case of SPB, applicants should be PhD students or early Post-Doc (within 5 years after finishing the PhD) and members of SPB with paid annual fees.
• Be registered with the registration fee of the Barcelona Congress being paid.
• Present ans abstract as the first author at the Barcelona Congress.
Applications must be sent by e-mail to either:
• FEBS3+ (email@example.com) with the subject “FEBS3+ Fellowship – Barcelona 2017, before August 24 2017 (new deadline).
• SEBBM (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject "SEBBM Fellowship - Barcelona 2017", before August 24 2017 (new deadline).
• SFBBM (email@example.com) with the subject "SFBBM Fellowship - Barcelona 2017", before August 24 2017 (new deadline).
• SPB (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject “SPB Fellowship - Barcelona 2017”, before August 24 2017 (new deadline).
Applications should include the following information:
• In the body of the message: Name and surnames, Degree (Master, PhD student or Doctor, indicating in the letter case the date of defense of the Thesis).
• Copy of ID or passport.
• Proof of Status: Be a registered PhD student or post-doctoral scientist within 5 years of receiving a PhD.
• Photocopy of the registration fee payment to the Barcelona Congress.
• Photocopy of the scientific summary to be presented.
After evaluation, applications received will be granted, within budget availability, based on the following criteria:• Meet the requirements of the call.• In the case of SEBBM, applicants should not have received a scholarship from the SEBBM in the last two years.Applications that are positively evaluated and granted will be announced in the website of the Barcelona Congress.